We are in hurricane season once again. After a devastating 2017, the Atlantic is having a quieter season this year so far, but the Pacific has already seen its 12th named storm, Hurricane Lane, with more to come. Wildfire season has blown through all records in North America and Europe. Then there are the disasters that know no season: earthquakes and tidal waves, drought, famine and the never-ending scourge of war. We can do little to stop them – but there is so much we can do to lessen their impact and reduce the loss of life. We dedicate this issue to governments, nonprofits and companies that do the hard work of disaster prevention, response and recovery every day, and to the technologies that help save lives and restore livings around the world.
More from Globecomments #80:
- Preparing for the Worst
- Globecomm Supports the UN Crisis Connectivity Charter
- Globecomm Powers the US Government’s Response to Global Disaster
- Globecomm Explains the Importance of Satellites for First Responders
- Globecomm Gains $215 Million in New Orders for Mission-Critical Services
- Meet Globecomm at Upcoming Events