We live and work in such a connected world that we forget how much of the planet is “beyond the edge” – past the point where the high-tech infrastructure of the modern world runs out. The world’s oceans are a prime example. Vessels at sea depend for communications on satellite technology that is rapidly advancing in capacity and speed while its cost is falling year by year. The combination of better service at lower cost is creating new opportunities for the parts of the world that lie beyond the edge.
More from Globecomments #79:
- Beyond the Edge
- Tipco Maritime Improves Fleet Visibility with Nimbus from Globecomm
- Globecomm Partners with Iridium Certus Mobile Broadband Service
- Globecomm Delivers Global VSAT Connectivity for Briese Schiffahrts Expansion
- J&E Papadopoulus to Represent Globecomm to Shipping Markets of Greece and Cyprus
- Meet Globecomm at Upcoming Events