Providing TV coverage of baseball, basketball or soccer games takes tremendous effort, but broadcasters have one big thing in their favor. The games stay put. They take place in stadiums. Sports that move, however, find it hard to get coverage. Whether it’s cross-country motor races or sailing regattas, the logistics of television just can’t keep up – or couldn’t, that is, before the explosive growth of social media and online video. Globecomm has made it possible for sports-on-the-move to reach the audiences they need.
More from Globecomments #73:
- Television Moves to the Cloud
- Globecomm Introduces Vector, a Virtualized Video Headend Supporting Hundreds of Channels Across Multiple Platforms
- Sports-on-the-Move Find Online Audiences with Help from Globecomm
- Three Disasters in Four Weeks, and Globecomm is There
- Meet Globecomm at Upcoming Events