At the NAB New York show, Globecomm will unveil Vector, a virtualized video headend system able to support hundreds of channels across multiple platforms. Vector replaces the need for the traditional data center with a compact solution that significantly reduces rack space, cabling and power, whether hosted on Globecomm’s network or implemented at a customer site. Scalable to hundreds of channels, Vector’s IP-centric platform simplifies the processing, packaging and customization of video content – and every process from acquisition and contribution to playout and distribution – across DTH, OTT, IPTV, cable and terrestrial TV. It leverages Globecomm’s robust satellite, IP and fiber content delivery networks and the company’s extensive experience with design and integration of media infrastructure.
More from Globecomments #73:
- Television Moves to the Cloud
- Globecomm Introduces Vector, a Virtualized Video Headend Supporting Hundreds of Channels Across Multiple Platforms
- Sports-on-the-Move Find Online Audiences with Help from Globecomm
- Three Disasters in Four Weeks, and Globecomm is There
- Meet Globecomm at Upcoming Events