When a major news story breaks in Key West and content has to be delivered to 200 markets across the country in real time with no margin for error, Globecomm delivers.
The new opportunities created by the convergence of the broadcast and information technology industries come with a new set of challenges. Globecomm has worked – and grown with — media and entertainment companies since our inception. We have designed, built and provisioned land-based facilities as well as custom-designed connectivity solutions utilizing our satellite and fiber optics networks. Each day, major networks rely upon us to deliver thousands of hours of content across North America with absolutely zero downtime. At Globecomm, we have the people, the passion, the engineering savvy and networks to deliver.
Our offerings include:
- Global Teleport Services through our network of teleports, origination centers, and fiber and satellite capacity
- Satellite Terminals and Control Systems, for broadcast centers and remotes
- Professional Services, from specification and engineering to implementation, of standalone facilities and complex networks
- Lifecycle Support for individual systems and complete networks, from installation and monitoring to optimization
- Channel Origination and Delivery
- Content Aggregation and Distribution
- Content Scheduling, Storage, and Playout Services
- Cyber Security: information security services from assessment to vigilance.
Media Infrastructure Solutions
Major media & entertainment companies as well as new media content providers come to Globecomm for the Media Infrastructure needs. We are globally recognized for our solutions in the following disciplines:
- Program aggregation, ingest, encoding and playout
- Transcoding and transmission to IP distribution channels
- Media Asset Management solutions
- Robust facilities with complete redundancy and fail-over switching
For customer-owned facilities, Globecomm is your design and integration partner from content production to last-mile content delivery. We specialize in:
- Upgrade of existing over-the-air network broadcasting facilities from analog to an all-digital infrastructure, from program origination to the digital transmitter
- Creation of traditional and IP video headends for content acquisition, processing, and last mile content delivery across multiple content distribution network channels, from satellite and fiber to broadband and mobile
- Design and installation of Master Control & Origination facilities
- Collaboration in the research & development of next generation services built on evolving technologies
Globecomm’s products systems for the media and entertainment industry are based on a field-proven set of pre-engineered building blocks that allow us to quickly customize systems while providing high reliability and fast turn-up at a very competitive price. Each fixed or transportable earth station is customized from these building blocks to meet specific customer requirements.
- Summit Fixed Earth Stations
- Explorer Mobile & Transportable Earth Stations
- Land Mobile Terminals. Globecomm offers the full range of Inmarsat terrestrial terminals from the leading manufacturers for services including BGAN and IsatPhone Pro.
- AxxSys® Orion – the next generation of Globecomm’s popular network management system.
Media Managed Network Services
Globecomm provides high-quality, competitively-priced voice, data, Internet and video network services that meet the mission-critical needs of communications service providers, enterprises, governments and media companies. When Globecomm delivers your managed network services, you can count on superb engineering, the most efficient use of bandwidth, and seamless integration with terrestrial systems.
Occasional Use Solutions
Working with Globecomm, you can provision capacity for Occasional Use satellite requirements. Transmit breaking and scheduled news events, special corporate events, provide comprehensive coverage of major sporting events, distribute syndicated programming and leverage new media applications such as file transfer or IP streaming. Your Occasional Use service can be as short as 15 minutes or can last for as long as several weeks or months.
Our suite of solutions include…